Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Magic of Retouching

This was an easy project, and a very successful one. Once I learned how to use each of the retouching tools, it wasn't hard at all to spot and eleminate all of the "Imperfections" of each picture. The only difficult part was retouching the girls enough to make them appear "Perfect" without overdoing it.

Through this project, I learned how to use various new tools and how to effectively spot any imperfection in a photo and to tell whether or not a photo has been photoshopped.

Monday, February 13, 2012

(Paint Splat) Nightmare

This project was easily the most difficult project that I've completed this semester, especially since we didn't have any guidelines to go off of. I would have to say that using the very narrow selection of paint splats that were offered to me to complete this and make it look good was the most difficult part of this.
Though once I found an appropriate picture that I could use with the paint splats given to me, it became a relatively simple task, resulting in what you see here.

Color Wheel

This was a difficult project, though I'm confident that it turned out well. Getting the colors of my wheel to coincide properly with an actual RGB wheel was the most difficult part of this project, though once I got that gonig, it was simple enough to color each item and paste it in the proper location.

Through this project, I learned how to group several layers into a folder, making it much easier to navigate through them and modify all of them at once.

Monday, February 6, 2012


Although this project was fairly successful, I feel I could have done a lot better had I put more time into it. I feel as though I didn't put in enough effects to actually make it look space-like. Making the planets actually look realistic was one of the most difficult parts of this project, and if I were to do this again, I would be sure to use several more special effects to make it look much better.

From this project, I discovered the use of special effects such as Lens Flare among other effects.


I felt this to be a very easy, therefore a very successful project. After I messed around with the dancer image for a while, I decided to switch to something that I liked a bit more, ergo, I used Nightmare. Overlaying the colors was easy as pie, though I did still make mistakes and had to correct them, but after that, the only "difficult" part was making it look good, making the colors transition smoothly.

From this project, I learned how to use threshold to make a picture black and white and then to overlay colors onto that picture, like you see above.

Thursday, February 2, 2012


This was easily the most difficult project I've done thus far. Though through creativity and improvisation, it turned out to be a successful peice. Making the snake mouth look like it belonged to the falcon was excruciatingly difficult, considering that several tools simply didn't work, forcing me to take a different route to achieve the same goal. The only thing I would do were I to do this over, would be to use a different combination of animals, and possibly use more than two.

Through this project, I learned how I can use many different tools to have the same end effect, if used correctly.
Just to give you a comparison, I posted the original falcon picture

Water Dragon

This peice was very successful. Adding the textures to the dragon was fairly simple, though time consuming; definately the hardest part of the project, considering it was the only part of the project... Though if I were to redo this project, I would use a different texture instead of water, and probably a different picture, since the water texture didn't show up very much in this one.
From this project, I learned how to warp a picture, and then overlay it over another picture to make it look like it is part of the image.